Jacqueline Sohn, DMD, MDS
For me, orthodontics is not just about straightening teeth – it is also about the relationships that you develop over the months and years of treatment with patients and their families. At the end of treatment, you have enhanced a person’s smile and their self-confidence, and in return, you get the opportunity to meet and know so many vibrant and interesting people.
Our practice’s philosophy is to treat each patient as a unique individual. We develop an individualized treatment plan using the most innovative and proven techniques available. We also believe in communicating openly and honestly when it comes to a patient’s questions or concerns.
Being able to help improve a person’s smile is one of the most rewarding things about my profession. And while I get tremendous satisfaction from working with children, I have found that helping adults attain the smile that they have always wanted, to be just as rewarding.
- Bachelor of Arts Degree – University of Pennsylvania, 1992
- Doctorate in Dental Medicine – University of Pittsburgh, 1997
- Specialty Certificate in Orthodontics – University of Connecticut School of Dental Medicine, 2000
- Master of Dental Sciences – University of Connecticut School of Dental Medicine, 2000
Continuing Education and Professional Affiliations
By attending yearly meetings and lectures, I am able to stay current and up-to-date with the newest and most innovating technology and treatment methods. My professional affiliations include the:
- American Association of Orthodontists
- Great Lakes Society of Orthodontists
- Pennsylvania Association of Orthodontists
- Western Pennsylvania Society of Orthodontists
I was raised in Pittsburgh where I received my dental degree. I come from a family who are in the dental field, with a brother who is an oral and maxillofacial surgeon and a sister who is a general dentist. Outside of work, I enjoy spending time with my husband, Dr. BJ Costello, a pediatric oral and maxillofacial surgeon at the University of Pittsburgh and Children’s Hospital as well as our two children. I also love to run, read, and cheer for the Pittsburgh Penguins and Pittsburgh Steelers.